Here is the first in, what we hope will be, many opportunities for us to help you take your music beyond the boundaries of Coventry & Warwickshire to a national audience of music fans.
Plug&Amp has teamed up with God Is In The TV Zine (www.godisinthetvzine.co.uk), a UK-wide music & culture zine with 10,000 Twitter and Facebook followers, who will be publishing monthly ‘scene reports’ from Coventry & Warwickshire submitted by us.
We’re aiming to get the first of these reports ready for March and are now on the look-out for bands & artists to feature in our first report. GIITTV is read and written by a UK-wide crowd of well-informed music obsessives… so a great group of people to get on your side!
If you would like to feature, the criteria are:
1) You must be an original band or artist (no covers groups)
2) You may or may not be unsigned, you may be brand new or have been going for a few years, but you must be serious about making your mark in the music industry beyond these borders – the report will showcase those bands/artists that want UK exposure (not just the local pub circuit)
3) The readership of GIITTV tends to be similar to, say, the NME or Q magazine, so think about whether you/your band would be covered in that sort of publication. If the answer is ‘no’, this is probably not the opportunity for you right now.
Interested? If so, email us at email@example.com.
– A short paragraph about you/your band – who are you, what are you about, what do you sound like/influences?
– A posed photo of your band and a live photo of you in action
– Details of recent single/video releases, including links
– Details of upcoming gigs (in the next 8 weeks), particularly any that are in other parts of the UK
Any queries, drop us an email. We want to establish this as a monthly opportunity and will try and feature as many as we can. We look forward to hearing from you!
Photo courtesy of Nivi Morales @nivims